Thursday, February 23, 2006

Corners of My Home



This is the wall right above my tv and I love to sit and stare at it during commercials or when another mindless MTV reality comes on. I found the mirror at a local church yard sale when they were closing up- told me to pack anything I could fit into a bag for $1. I love the Victorian look of it. The hand woven basket was a gift from Hawaii- it was a fresh green at first but apparently over time, it turns to its true color which is closer to a tan. The angel woman statue was also a gift from when my mom passed away. I like to have things around me that remind me of her- in this way, it's like she's looking over us and it's really nice to know she's here, especially since she taught me everything Iknow about arts and crafts.


I took the picture of the drums on Shakedown Street at Bonnaroo in 2003. I then took a photography class and developed the print myself. Looking at it brings back some great memories of Bonnaroo- the music, the people, the sun :)


I like to switch up the shelves' contents every once in a while- they usually become the main place to display my special seasonal decorations. Maybe that's a future corner to share...

No comments: